In this role as a Junior Java developer, you will join a dynamic team to build a quantitative research platform and its supporting infrastructure including trading components.
In this role, you are responsible for the greenfield development of a quantitative research platform and trading components to support business growth and are expected to:
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support
- Ensure consistent delivery of software releases and hand-over to end-users
- Work along-side the existing ecosystem of latency-sensitive in-house and commercial trading technologies
- Work in close collaboration with a dynamic team of top technologists, scientists, traders as well as external stakeholders
- BSc / MSc / PhD in Computer Science or related degrees
- Highly knowledgeable in one or more of the following languages: Java / Scala/ Golang (Go) / C++
- Very strong Spring framework knowledge (boot, security, cloud, io, data, AMQP)
- Operational knowledge in the following: Git, MongoDB, Bash scripting
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Mathematically-inclined mind with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Ambitious, self-motivated, resourceful technology enthusiast
- Capable in English within an international team
Desirable expertise, at least one:
- AWS experience
- Video streaming experience
- Docker, DevOps
- Financial market data handling (historical or live)
- Event-driven distributed systems
- Data analytics
- Test engineering
- TDD / Extreme Programming
Very competitive compensation package.
Medical insurance plan, discretionary bonuses, adjacent to North Point MTR station, discounted meals, 5-days week, startup culture.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume. All information will be treated as strictly confidential.