An exciting virtual reality startup is looking for a bright, energetic and detail-oriented UnrealEngine developer to work with us at our Hong Kong office and alongside our Los Angeles office.
We create engaging and beautiful virtual reality experiences for our clients all across the world.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create gameplay infrastructure and assets
- Adherence to SOLID principles of software design
- Create functional and usable VR user interfaces in UMG
- Create multiplayer experiences
- Work with gameplay designer to realise gameplay ideas from prototypes
- Create gameplay and interactive elements
- Profile performance and be able to advise art team on performance bottlenecks, setting optimization standards
- Diagnose gameplay bugs spotted by QA team
- Create tools for artist to streamline workflow
- Relevant degree or tertiary education
- 2 years+ relevant working experience
- Expert knowledge of Blueprints and C++ in UE4
- Familiar with UMG for UI creation
- Experience with VCS
- Can profile games and track performance bottlenecks
- Fluent in English. Cantonese not essential, but useful
- Familiar with VR development requirements
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Intellectual curiosity to keep technical skills current and stay abreast of industry trends and applications
- A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Autodesk Revit, 3DS Max skills would be beneficial.
- Demonstrable portfolio of games worked on would be a plus.
- Experience using a task management system (e.g. Jira, Trello)
- Medical Insurance
- Meal subsidy
- Strong international culture
All candidates please submit your CV and portfolio for review. All information will be treated as strictly confidential.