Our teams run mission critical systems at the heart of the quantitative research and investment activities. In this role you will be the guardian of the production systems that run the Company’s applications and are expected to:
- Build and manage private and public cloud server infrastructure in development and production environments
- Build and maintain the services sustaining the software delivery pipeline (CI/CD systems)
- Support operations at all-encompassing layers from the infrastructure to the application
- Provision managed services for both IT and non-IT users.
- Monitor system/network performance and collect key metrics
- Develop and implement efficient operations management processes including disaster recover, high availability, monitoring, and systems security
- Lead efforts to diagnose and resolve system-level issues including root cause analysis and technical/process recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with colleagues to automate management and orchestration tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions
- Effectively communicate as a team player supporting the overall product development effort
- Design and implement cyber-security mechanisms to prevent, detect and respond to internal and external threats
To be successful in this role you have
- At least 2 years of experience in IT system operations or administration or software development.
- Coding experience around infrastructure automation with scripts or specialized tools
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting problems, including impact assessment
- Ability to identify recurring issues to design and implement automatic response
- Ability to adapt to a fast moving environment will be a key element to our success
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions
- Use your critical thinking skills to pro-actively identify and solve on-going problems.
- A strong operations background with some development experience.
- A technical leadership allowing you to build a strong DevOps culture
- Infrastructure automation, configuration management (Ansible or Chef, Puppet)
- Deployment and virtualization tools (Vagrant, Docker, CoreOS, Kubernetes, AWS CloudFormation)
- Experience with logs analytics (Kabana, Logstash, Splunk, Ganglia, Monit, Consul, etc)
- Exposure to DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, CodeShip, Jira)
- Network/OS/Database performance monitoring and tuning
- Proficiency with private and public cloud deployments
- Incident management to minimize impact on the live production environment
- Passion for security (server hardening, two factor authentication, SSL, VPN)
- Certification: CompTIA Server+, CCNA/CCNP, MCSE, LPIC, CISSP, SNIA, NCDA, VCA/VCP/VCAP
Candidates with less experience may be considered for a junior developer or mid-level developer role.
Very competitive compensation package.
Medical insurance plan, discretionary bonuses, meals provided (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea), 5-days week, startup culture.
Interested candidates, please send your resume. All information will be treated as strictly confidential.