In this role as a Data Engineer, you will join a dynamic team to build a quantitative research platform and its supporting infrastructure including trading components.
In this role, you are responsible for the greenfield development of a quantitative research platform and trading components to support business growth and are expected to:
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support
- Ensure consistent delivery of software releases and hand-over to end-users
- Work along-side the existing ecosystem of latency-sensitive in-house and commercial trading technologies
- Work in close collaboration with a dynamic team of top technologists, scientists, traders as well as external stakeholders
- Expert in both batch and stream processing, data stream mining, streaming algorithm
- Expert in the Apache Hadoop ecosystem: Spark, Flink, Pig, Beam, Malhar, HBase, Kafka, Samza...
- BSc / MSc / PhD in Computer Science or related degrees
- Highly knowledgeable in one or more of the following languages: Python / Java / Scala / Golang (Go)
- Operational knowledge in Git, Bash scripting, Linux
- Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Mathematically-inclined mind with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Ambitious, self-motivated, resourceful technology enthusiast
Desirable expertise, at least one:
- Data science
- Machine Learning concepts or tools
- Cluster orchestration (YARN, mesos, kubernetes...)
- Public cloud compute platforms
- Event-driven distributed systems
Very competitive compensation package.
Medical insurance plan, discretionary bonuses, meals provided (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea), 5-days week, startup culture.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume. All information will be treated as strictly confidential.