In this role you will be the guardian of the production systems that run the Company’s applications and are expected to:
- Provision managed services for both IT and non-IT users.
- Monitor system/network performance and collect key metrics
- Develop and implement efficient operations management processes including disaster recover, high availability, monitoring, and systems security
- Help to diagnose and resolve system-level issues including root cause analysis and technical/process recommendations for improvement.
- Design and implement cyber-security mechanisms to prevent, detect and respond to internal and external threats
To be successful in this role you have
- At least 2 years of experience in IT system operations or administration or software development.
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Exchange
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting problems, including impact assessment
- Ability to identify recurring issues to design and implement automatic response
- Ability to adapt to a fast moving environment will be a key element to our success
- Use your critical thinking skills to pro-actively identify and solve on-going problems.
- A strong operations background
- Storage or virtualization technologies
- Network/OS/Storage/Database performance monitoring and tuning
- Incident management to minimize impact on the live production environment
- Passion for security (server hardening, two factor authentication, SSL, VPN)
- Coding experience around infrastructure automation with scripts or specialized tools
- Infrastructure automation, configuration management (Ansible or Chef, Puppet)
- Certification: CompTIA Server+, CCNA/CCNP, MCSE, LPIC, CISSP, SNIA, NCDA, VCA/VCP/VCAP
Candidates with less experience may be considered for a junior developer or mid-level developer role.
Very competitive compensation package.
Medical insurance plan, discretionary bonuses, meals provided (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea), 5-days week, startup culture.
Interested candidates, please send your resume. All information will be treated as strictly confidential.